71. Excel Tips - Display Excel File Path
This is an extremely useful tip if you did not already know it:
- There's a way in Excel to display the file path of the current open file.
- You can add it to your toolbar, and then copy it from there whenever you need it.
Here's a screen shot of our Excel:
Steps to display the file path of the current open file (Excel 2007):
- Right click on the ribbon
- Choose "Customise quick access toolbar"
- Select "All commands"
- Then choose "Document Location"
- Click "Add".. and it will appear on the right
In Excel 2003, right click on the toolbar, and choose to display "web"
Note: If you have not saved the file, only the workbook name will be displayed.
Training Video on how to Display Excel File Path in Excel: