Today, 10 Dec 2008, I am very excited to have launched this website for ExcelExperts.com.
Prior to that, I worked in finance for nearing 13 years managing a large team writing interest rate derivative trading systems.
I have been an expert in Excel for many years and would now like to share that expertise with the world.
I will be writing many prototype systems and posting them in due course. I am interested in what you'd like to see from an ExcelExperts website, and keen to animate this site, and ensure that it has the best content.
Why am I doing this ?
- I believe that a huge amount of things can be done with a simple spreadsheet system and an enormous amount of time and money can be saved.
- A company with employees proficient in Excel is a far more efficient one
- A TINY fraction of the things that can be done in Excel are being done
- Excel is the absolute perfect place to prototype a new system.
- You can get something up and running very quickly, and adding immediate business benefits
... think of it like this: You would not build a building by approaching your builders and explaining to them how you want it to look ? NO, you'd work with an architect to build a small-scale model that you can show to your builders
In the Credit Crunch, would an Excel-based system be good enough for your needs ?
- Have you even considered it ?
- Do you even know what can be done ?
If not, hopefully the examples on this site can give you a flavour.
Link to Examples
What am I hoping to get out of this ?
- Establish myself as a world-wide expert in Excel-based system prototyping. (Or meet those who are better. ; - > )
- Sell consultancy services around this
- In the spirit of the internet, help people with free tools / training / games
- Tools to help them to make the right financial decisions
- Training to make them more efficient at work
- Games that are fun and challenging to all ages
Are you an ExcelExpert ?
Do you want to become one ?
- Isn't it about time you improved your Excel skills?
- Take 1 minute to Join ExcelExperts.com..Join a new community of Excel Experts.