29. VBA Tips - Find Out If A Cell Is Within A Range
This tip is about finding out whether a cell is within a range.
- It's basic set theory... we use VBA's INTERSECT
What we want to write is some VBA code that tells us whether we have selected a cell within the data table:
Here's the code we use here:
- Using Worksheet_SelectionChange we trap the event that the selection has been changed
- We then set a variable InRange to equal an object returned by the intersect function
- If the interset function doesn't find an intersect, it returns NOTHING
- We then check whether InRange is equal to NOTHING...
- If it is, the the user has not selected a cell within the range.
- If it's equal to something, then the range is within MyData
Training Video on how to Find Out If A Cell Is Within A Range in Excel: