VBA/SQL Developer – Market Risk - City Investment Bank
My client, a City Investment Bank with Asian rootes, has an urgent requirement to fill 4 headcount in their rapidly expanding Market Risk Team. The department is directly responsible for the complete management of regulatory and economic risks of the firm, and is hugely well backed financially. They will look at candidates without banking experience if they are exceptional technolgists with a keen interest in finance.
Brief Role Overview...
- Build new reports and calculation tools as required using Excel and Access with VBA. Improve efficiency of existing processes through streamlining and automation.
- Create and support automated Excel spreadsheets and Access databases, providing fast and robust solutions.
- Look for ways to improve existing applications by making them more robust and efficient.
- Participate in firm-wide IT projects to represent the system needs to the department
- Degree in a numerical/computational bias subject. Top Tier Education preferred. Strong mathematical skills which can be demonstrated.
- Experience of full project life cycle
- Advanced Excel VBA – 4 years minimum with demonstrable skills in comfortably writing VBA from scratch. Additionally, excellent knowledge of Excel functions such as Vlookup, SumIf, as well as pivot tables and charts would be preferential.
- Advanced Access VBA – 3 years minimum including form design.
- SQL (any database) – 2 years minimum. If MS Access then must at least be proficient in the use of the query browser to create Select, Append, Create and Delete queries. Ideal candidate would be able to write SQL from scratch with relative ease.
- Working knowledge of relational database design.
- 3 years minimum experience within the financial services industry.
- Experience of managing small projects and ability to co-ordinate.
If you have .Net skills to match then you are hot property on the current market and are eligible for multiple other role in Front Office Investment Banking. So do contact me for a chat about that.
The bank has a preference for candidates with finance experience, but exceptional candidates from a non-banking background will be considered if demonstrable steps have been taken by the candidate to move into finance. If you would like to apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or give me (Anthony) a call for a consultation on the role. 020079971090 or 07792285102 at weekends.