79. Excel Tips - Nth Largest Value In A Range
Here's a tip on how to find the Nth largest value in a range, and use it to sort a list of numbers:
- We can use the LARGE function
- Inputs are the range of values, and N...
- Enter 1 for the largest, 2 for the 2nd... etc...
- Armed with the LARGE function, we can sort the list
Here's a screen shot of our data in Excel:
Here, we use the following formula:
- the ROW()-ROW($F$7) piece will return N
- ROW returns the row the formula is in.
- Subtract the row of the heading, and we get N
Training Video on how to Nth Largest Value In A Range in Excel: